- October 8, 2015 7 Top Tips On Bathing & Baby Care
- September 25, 2015 5 Top Tips On Buying A Car Seat
- September 24, 2015 8 Top Tips On Buying A Pushchair
- September 26, 2015 Top Tips for Keeping your Little One Warm & Dry
- October 10, 2015 5 Top Tips On Feeding Products
- October 11, 2015 7 Top Tips For Choosing a Highchair
Top Tips On Baby Toys
October 14, 2015
Always select toys (and check they are playing with toys) that are designed for their age group. Pay attention to any safety notices that may apply.
Stimulate the senses
The more senses they can use when playing with a toy the better. Don’t forget texture along with music – both of which can help sooth and settle your baby.
‘Open your mouth’
Most toys do tend to end up in your babies mouth, so do look for toys that are washable or include non-toxic information on the label.
Hand to eye coordination
When babies start to sit up they begin developing their hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills. Anything that can withstand some banging is a good idea and think about toys that encourage your baby to stretch and reach out for things.
Make a safe environment
Consider the surroundings and ensure a safe play area is created. Inspect it for any sharp objects and edges, you want them to crawl and explore safely.
Small and Large
Mix up the toys to include both small and large ones, the variety is good for them and helps with their development.